IT Field Technician I, II and III
IT Field Technicians to service clients in New York City, Fairfield County and Westchester County. Minimum of 1-2 years IT working experience required.
Must be able to travel to Norwalk, CT office daily. Company vehicle provided for customer visits. Must be reliable, punctual and have a clean driving record. Highly motivated team player with great interpersonal skills to fit into a great office environment. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Ability to reload and repair Windows OS, including virus removal for Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Clear understanding of computer networks (Routers, modems, network switches, Wi-Fi, etc.).
- Proficiency with Windows 10 navigation.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Computer hardware replacement and troubleshooting.
- Ability to install peripherals (Printers, scanners, etc.).
- Ability to prep IT equipment for installations.
- Able to type 40+ wpm.
Ideal Technical Knowledge:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 OS proficiency; AD, DNS, and Group Policy.
- Experience with network troubleshooting and network equipment.
- Experience MS Office 365, specifically Exchange Online and EOP.
- Experiencewith backup applications (Veeam, ShadowProtect, Symantec Backup Exec, IBackup, ESET, etc.).
- Impeccable communication and writing skills
- Courteously answer phones and provide IT support to clients
- Must have a good presentation, be efficient, fast on problem-solving, creative and enjoy working with people
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel locally to customers in tri-state area
- Highly motivated team player with great interpersonal skills to fit into a great office environment
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal and Sick days
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Norwalk, CT 06850
* Categories consistent with 41 C.F.R. §60-300 & Form VETS-100A
** If you need a definition of these terms, please see below
SELF-IDENTIFICATION FORM DEFINITIONS
The term "Disabled Veteran" means -
a veteran who is entitled to compensation (or who
but for the receipt of military retired pay would be
entitled to compensation) under laws administered by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for a disability; or
a person who was discharged or released from active duty
because of a service-connected disability.
The term "Recently Separated Veteran" applies to any veteran
during the three -year period beginning on the date of discharge or
release from active duty.
An "individual with a disability" means any person who (i) has a
physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or
more of such person's major life activities; (ii) has a record of
such impairment; or (iii) is regarded as having such impairment.
As a government contractor, The Computer Support People, LLC, must comply with the
provisions of Executive Order 11246, as amended, and other existing laws related to
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). Part of our commitment to EEO is to take
affirmative action to ensure that job seekers are recruited; job applicants are
considered for employment opportunities; and employees are treated without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other
Federal laws and regulations require us to report on our workforce by race, gender,
and veteran status and to offer the opportunity for self-identification as to
disabilities. Please assist us by completing this form. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO
PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION. Data which you provide shall be kept strictly confidential,
except that (i) supervisors and managers may be informed regarding restrictions on the
work or duties of disabled individuals and/or disabled veterans; (ii) first aid and safety
personnel may be informed, to the extent appropriate, if the condition might require
emergency treatment; and (iii) governmental officials reviewing the Company's
compliance status shall be informed.